Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Final Project





What I did is grabbed my old acoustic guitar and spray painted it 3 times just to make sure the whole guitar is covered completely white.  Once the paint dries, I grabbed a big black Sharpie marker and started drawing out music symbols.  The notes you see that are on the side of the guitar are actual notes from a song called "Time" by Pink Floyd.  It as a song I thought was appropriate to listen to while planning this project out.
The subject of this project is music.  We al listen to music no matter what.  It's everywhere, it's one of the things we all need to survive.  We would all dance to it, sing to it, or just listen to it.
Music can help us with our emotions.  We all listen to something whenever we feel a certain emotion.  We all view music in a different way, which relates to the spectacle:  Point of View.  We all have our own point of view towards things.  This still functions today as it did back then.  We all view things differently and give out our own opinions and ideas.  Not everyone is going to have the same views and ideas.
However, my point of view in music is that it helps me escape from reality, which is what I've shown in the back of the guitar for this project.  I would listen to it and focus only on the music.
This is completely different from the mid-term project I presented.  However, the only thing I would consider both projects to be similar is the abstraction used in both projects.  What influenced me in making these changes is that I really enjoy music and wanted to express it by using a musical instrument.
I was inspired by Shantell Martin with her work on using a black marker and draw abstractions.  I wanted to combine her work and my idea in music.
What this project can convey towards the audience is to show how music can play a really important thing in life.  As I mentioned earlier, it is something that we all need to survive.  We all have our different taste in music, which is what makes everyone different and special.

No comments:

Post a Comment