Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Final - Michael Andre


My final project consists of a selfie of me that I sketched and then painted. The step that I needed to take to in order to finish this was that I had to first find and then sketch myself on the canvas paper once I was satisfied I when over the correct line with a thin sharpie so I can find my edge line so I didn't go too far with the paint. From there I pained the photographs that I dream and let it dry outside hoping to get the texture from the outdoor and I brushed off excess paint with water to get a softer color with the paint.  The inspiration for my drawing was my drawing was a tie between Andy Warhol and Jean-Michel Basquiat. I used them because they have such an abstract way to depict the message with crazy colors.in the case of the back round of my pictures, I looked at my project in the eyes of andy because he has looked at the church in order to gain inspiration for his creations back rounds. As well as the drawing I created has to derive from Jean-Michel Basquiat and his abstract way of drawing as well as his abstract way of coloration where the object is of a different coloration as expected.



The is a couple of messages that I wanted to portray in seriousness sadness and strength just using color coordination and placement of each color. To go into detail I have my face and neck two different greens. The reason why I chose to show that I was sad and sicken of the word do to what I had to go through. As well as showing the fact that the name that I was given as an adolescent witch was me being a ninja turtle. The seriousness in the face of my drawing was to show the audience that I embracing the name and that I'm gonna embrace both the image that other people thought of me when I was younger. So to embrace the name of the teenage mutant ninja turtle so that is why my body is green. The shirt that I wore in is a dark coloration due to the fact that I like to stay to myself. I don't like to share my ideas as often and I like to keep my feeling to myself. Next, there is the light magenta hat on my head because I like to think a lot and come up with so many ideas.



What I'm trying to convey to the audience thought my painting is that you need to fully understand your self in order to accept and love your self. The reason why I find this important is because in order for me to advance and others to advance you need to accept your self fully flaws and strength to advance. That's why there were still small elements from my midterm in the final but there is a slight different going from digital to painting.  I chose to do this to nun only prove that I still have my artistic but to show my actual self as the slight alter ego that I have created.showing that it's enclosed in the dark clothing that I use to suppress the outgoing creator that is funny and likes to have fun and share there ideas just like the character Michael Angelo but less of a joke.



What is the what is a spectacle when I saw this question I automatically gravitated to say that it has to be something that has a visual gravitational impact. But , even though that this is my interpretation but in the case or Guy-Ernest Debord he thinks “in the essential movement of the spectacle, which consists of taking up all that existed in human activity in a fluid state so as to possess it in a congealed state as things which have become the exclusive value by their formulation in negative of lived value, we recognize our old enemy, the commodity, who knows so well how to seem at first glance something trivial and obvious, while on the contrary it is so complex and so full of metaphysical subtleties.” which was the definition of a man that was living in 1967 but in recent time the definition really has not strayed far from  the definition in 1967.



Michael Andre

No comments:

Post a Comment