Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Post 1 Priyanka shah


I am really inspired by Mickalene Thomas and Cindy Sherman, while I was doing this photography. They both are great artist. I found they have so different thoughts, stratergies and methods to do art, but they compliment each other. 

After watching "Potrait of Manonja" I got this amazing idea. In this selfie I picked my one of good friend Geet as my model for this selfie.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm3XvKd_KPs  She just came from my country for a job. I felt that she owns this. When i saw the video I thought i want show something which is related to my culture and religion. Also at the same time we were trying to get a photo in her own personality.  It was really amazing experience of doing intensive photography 

My purpose to show this selfie is her own thoughts, attitude, how she owns photography. One of my best try was to show beautiful traditional dress and look, which represent that she is Indian girl. She is showing her atitude, posture and grace how she handling her look. she kept her one leg up and one down. And by looking toward right she showing her grace. 

In “Nobody is Here But Me,” i show that how much Cindy was trying to efforts get proper photo and show her own attitude and imagination. Belongs that Geet and I were trying capture perfect photo in her bold traditional style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment