Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Manufactured Reality Display

Fiction Picture Presents.
          "Photographs furnish evidence. Something we hear about, but doubt, seems proven when we're shown a photograph of it" (Sontag 1). Any events or occurrences that come across as surreal tend to be unreliable until it is visually presented. Photographs are set to be proof of the truth and their existence. My photo presents a black and white scene with tattered clothing living in poor conditions. Someone may assume that I used to live like that if they saw this picture. But I am actually in my comfy and casual attire taking a photo in my messy garage. I captured this moment when I was feeling tired and sweaty to represent another person's story. This self-portrait is real, but it is not what it seems.
Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment