Saturday, October 20, 2018

Ana Mendieta- Anastasia Lee

Becoming One with Nature 

I have a picture of a reflection of my body in the ocean. The waves I give off from my body are mixing with the waves of the ocean. Eventually, my body will also interweave with the ocean.

Ana Mendieta felt that by uniting her body with the earth that she could became whole again. 

Mendieta's work is terrifying, realistic, logical, lively, creative, clever, agreeable, obedient, helpful, powerful, brave, firece, mysterious, pitiful, and sufficient. 

My selfie is terrifying when you first see it because it shows a body under the water, but it is realistic for this to occur. It is logical to think that the body just floating under water is dead. Even though the body is dead, this photo is lively because it is always moving in the ocean. The waves I added from my body is creative. It is agreeable and clever that my body is obedient to nature because it is deteriorating and returning to nature. My body under the water is helpful because not being fully clear shows that my body is already retreating from the surface of the world. The water is powerful, so won. I was brave and fierce because I tried in life, but it in the end nature always wins and the body always returns. This idea is mysterious. It is pitiful that my body has to end, but it was efficient enough in leaving a mark. My body with the earth becomes whole. 


No comments:

Post a Comment