Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Waves

Waving a flag with my wavy hair
Home is where I feel serene, therefore, I took a photograph to represent my perspective on home.
I've chosen to use it as a guide to paint myself with acrylic paint. Being born in a country composed of small islands, the Philippines, I feel more at ease near the ocean. Therefore I decided to surround my face with literal waves as my hair. I’ve chosen to draw myself Waving a flag that merges the Philippines flag and the United States Flag since I have lived half of my life in each of those countries. Frida Kahlo inspired me since her paintings had strong autobiographical elements and she combines realism with fantasy. My friends know me for my pun jokes therefore I wanted to somehow include that by painting myself with literal wavy hair waving a flag.
Frida Kahlo’s self portrait that inspired me:
https://sites.utexas.edu/ransomcentermagazine/2015/11/23/kahlo_display/

No comments:

Post a Comment