Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Holi Midterm Project

"Where I am from and Where I am living now"
           The subject of my midterm project is what I am right now. I wanted to show that I am from India and I living here with my all culture and ethics. USA is a very beautiful country. We moved here in march 2016. We are observing American culture and actions but we are also caring our native culture. USA is my present and my future. I missed India, my family, my festivals.
         I inspired by Rajeshwar Nyalapalli  who is a great Indian artist. He is a great painter. He always represent India, Indian culture and festivals on the canvas. In this project I specifically representing the Holi festival “festival of colors and joy”. In middle of the project I put 2 picture one is showing celebration of the Holi in the India and another is in the USA. Its pleasure to have our festivals celebration in our residency country. I am dividing my project in two part: where I am from and where I am living now. I chose book theme to present my midterm project, because I found it really creative and attractive. I was trying to express that how we open the book's part which has some part of the India and some of the USA, it's representing my life. Its like this book is like my life. I am belongs to India but my bright future and preset is belongs to USA.
         I also used pictures of monument of India and USA, some of my picture related to the topic and some pictures of special occasions related to the country as my prop. For example, I put some pictures of mine where I have been visited in the USA, I added one picture of my brothers graduation. I also added picture of mine which I took when I got awarded. On the other hand I added some of my picture of wearing traditional dresses on the India side. I also add one picture which is showing Indian style marriage. It was really great experience of putting your memories, culture, life, fact your life on the paper. Its my pleasure to present both country and my life with both culture.This project is showing little part of the life of immigrants to the viewer.


No comments:

Post a Comment