Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Midterm: The Purpose of my Life as of now


The subject of my project is my view on what the purpose of my life is about and how God steers it. At a general stand point, I believe that God wants us to make the most out of life. In simpler terms, to really live. I wanted to show that idea through my project. In my project, on a canvas, I am standing facing the audience with the sacred heart of jesus in my chest, my eyes magnified, and my body having important parts of my life. This image was inspired by many paintings of the sacred heart of jesus. I posed myself as Jesus did in the painting with his heart on my chest in reference to Cindy Sherman to represent me being like Jesus. The sacred heart of jesus is jesus’s bleeding heart on fire, wrapped with thorns and a cross protruding from the top. This heart represents the jesus’s will to sacrifice everything to allow everyone else to live. The idea of God dying for us is so amazing to me because it is like humans dying for ants. To be alive is sacred and a blessing. That is why I think people should always try to be productive and make many new experiences. My magnified eyes represents both God watching me omnisciently and the paths I choose to take. Some of the things that I have on my jacket includes my education, my work, my volunteering, and my faith. It shows my productively, but more importantly it shows that there are so many things you can do. I included rhinestones in the project to make it look shinier as if there was a more divine light. The rhinestones were inspired by Mickalene Thomas because it allows the parts of where the rhinestones are located to pop.In addition, the background is blue to represent the sky where God and Jesus are. To conclude, as of right now, to make the most out of things is what the purpose of my life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment