Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Midterm project

 
 
                                                                       

"My place" 

choose this to represent who am I. the meaning of Home to me is " My Kitchen", as you can see in my project I have pictures of my family surrounded around in the kitchen. we come from Egypt and we follow the tradition with us and brought it here to the USA, the tradition is cooking especially for women's and their favorite place to be is most of her day in is her "kitchen".  from a young age i was inspired by my grandmother kitchen and how everything was cooked in our own oven and cook our own bread, and my mother spend half of her day at her moms house to do cooking. everyone comes from around in our special occasion and our favorite thing to do is cook and do our special food for every one of them. My more safe place for me is to be gathering spot, more like a secret talking place and more important as we share our memories together as a family, it does not have to be a family but also friends who make memories with who shares good times with you. who really inspired me more is the famous artists Larry Sultan who worked more on photographing about Home art or Kitchen art to see family gathering. Also in my project, I added candles to show how to welcome anyone to come to our kitchen to make sure you feel the comfortable place. As one of the famous photography Larry Sultan whos from California and he captures Home memories of couples or family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment