Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Vincent Ruiz - Mid Term Project "Rebirth" LATE

                                                                    "Rebirth- Sept 20"

In my project above, I wanted to bring focus on the fact of what Hurricane Maria has created to the island of Puerto Rico. My home being from where I from, I created the "before" and "after" of hurricane maria and the baby with vacuum in the middle of it all cleaning up the "after side". When I visited island, influenced my ideas of my project.
 
I used the best of my ability to using photo shop to create a art like this. The content was just three photos into one. I took the photos of  beautiful side and after side to contrast the two. 
When I visited the island during my spring break during the spring semester with the class to help aid the island. I met wonderful, and prosperous people out in this island who told stories of them overcoming the hurricane. Getting power a week ago, struggling financially, and rebuilding their homes. 

An artist that I have found that inspired me to create this was island man artist that draws on the walls of Puerto Rico to create gravity to attach peoples attention. Billy Joel Perez, a unique artist who created many grafitti and paintings on the san juan town walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment