Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Mid Term Angel Cortez

I decided to do a digital collage based on my culture:  American and Bolivian.  The subject of this collage is to combine two cultures into one, making it look like an actual place.  It represents my foreground (USA) and background (Bolivia), but mostly grew closer to my background because I grew up with my family who would always be in their Bolivian culture.

What you see is the beautiful capital city of La Paz, Bolivia, with a few additions that came from the US.  I used Microsoft Word and looked up all the images and cropped them.  I decided to make this because I've always seen what it seems like two worlds, so I wanted to see what it would look like if I were to combine those two worlds into one.

Salvador Dali was what inspired me to create this collage.  His work on combining out-of-the-ordinary objects show that they look like they belong to be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment